From the moment a woman wakes until she falls, exhausted, on her pillow, one question plagues her at every turn:
Am I enough?
After all, the pressure to do more, be more has never been more intense. Online marketing. Self-help books. Movies, magazines and gym memberships. Even church attendance and social media streams have become a means of comparing ourselves to impossible standards. Am I pretty enough? Hip enough? Spiritual enough?
We fear the answer is “No.”
When a brutal bout with cancer changed how she looked, talked, and lived, Michele Cushatt embarked on a soul-deep journey to rediscover herself. The typical self-esteem strategies and positivity plans weren’t enough. Instead, she needed
a new foundation, one that wouldn’t prove flimsy when faced with the onslaught of day-to-day life.
With raw personal stories, rock-solid biblical teaching, and radical truths on which to rebuild your life, I Am will help you:
• End the barrage of negative self-talk with an empowering new narrative.
• Refuse to ride the rollercoaster of others’ opinions and start believing what God’s says about you.
• Break the people-pleasing cycle and find rest from the ruthless drive to prove your worth.
• Stop agonizing over past regrets and failures and make peace with God’s sovereign plan for your life.
• Leave insecurity behind as you exchange temporary fixes for an identity established on God’s unchanging affection.